New Tournament Schedule

Here it is. From Monday the 10th we have a new tourney schedule.

Sunday: €30 + €5 (€20 Rebuy Tourney) 6pm start

Monday: €30 + €5 Freezeout 9:30pm start

Tuesday: Satellite night. Satellites held for Scalp tournament and €150 freezeout. €20 freezeout if no satellite

Wednesday: €50 + €5 Freezeout 9:30pm

Thursday: €25 + €5 Freezeout 9:30pm

Friday: €25+ €5 Scalp tournament 9:30pm

First Tuesday of every month is €150 + €10 freezeout 8pm start, Deepstack

Every second Sunday €120 + €10 scalp tournament. 4 pm start, deepstack

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Whats that you say? You have a bad beat that I've never heard the likes of????

Mwah haw haw. I titter in your general direction if you really think I've never heard a bad beat like yours. Just let me clear up one issue now. Aces are indeed the best hand pre-flop. The most important word in this statement is "PRE". They are only a pair at the end of the day. Get over it!!!

Right then, on that note I have decided to run a little poll. Thats right a Bad Beat poll. Email me your bad beats to kkcardclub@gmail.com I shall post them here and we shall have a group "oooohing" and "aaaaawing" and we shall name a winner. We shall all chip in then to buy this poor soul a beer/bar of chocolate. So send em in.

Yes I know its been a week since I've posted and you know what, I'm ok with that. The Voice! I finally did figure out who you were and got it confirmed by your bro. Why not come back down every now and again for a live game? We havent had a "Hulk smash!" moment for a while.

Since this thread started out with bad beats we might as well keep on topic. Check out what happened to Old Father Time in the space of 10 minutes.

  1. Old Father Time met the Blessed One with the following flop. 10,6,4 (2 clubs). TBO holding 44 and OFT holding J9 of clubs. We had an all in situation on the turn when the wee 2 of clubs popped up his head. And of course one of the other 3 remaining 2's popped up on the river.

  2. Then 10 mins later Old Father Time moves in on the flop with A2 and gets called by the Cyclist holding 10,4. The flop you ask? A,10,2. The turn and river came runner runner 3,5. Yowzers!!!!!

We also had another interesting moment when The Bouncy Castle moved all in with AQ and was called by someone claiming they had "Jack Shit". I was instantly reminded of Evil Dead 3 when Bruce Campbell uttered the immortal line "You're leading two things right now, Jack and Shit. And Jack just left town". Groovy. So J8 is flipped over and of course hits two pair off the flop.


We also had a slow roll fest. When father meets son heads up on the poker table only bad things can happen. Yup thats what happened when Cobble and Cobble jnr were the last two soldiers at the Monday €30 freezeout. Coinkidinkly it was the last two hands where we saw father slow roll the crap out of his own flesh and blood. Jnr moves all in with pocket 4's and it takes a while for the pocket 9's to be flipped over. Then the next hand (which is also the last) we're all in on the flop. Jnr shows first again; AK and Snr shows over the ace and then the queen on a 3,4,Q flop. Somebody was walking home that night.

Now we move from Bad beats to bad calls. We had another Round of each cash game and I decided to sit in to keep it going. So there we were playing a nice easy game when the following hand materialises; the board is paired, so we have a quads/house possibility, there is a straight flush on board, which also means there are straights and flushes on board. So I bet the flop, bet the turn and pot the river. Now I have middle two pair but with the board I suspect I'm only getting called by a monster hand. No no no no Roadkill calls me with 2 pair. So sitting there confused about the call we go heads up again 5 hands later. The only difference is I dont look at my cards until the river when Roadkill bets out. Now here's the thing, again the board is paired and again there is a straight flush on board!!!! So I look at my hand and pot the bet boosting it up to around 50 or so. And he calls!!!!! With a straight!!! A straight that is just a fraction higher than mine!!! Mother of pearl!!! When asked how he made those calls I was expecting that he had a read on me or something. Nope no. He had two pair and he had a straight. Simple as. Tunnel vision in Omaha is a killer unfortunately in this case he was lucky. Let this be lesson to all.

It was also requested by the Mullet, who wanted it known that it as another Cahir 1-2-3 on thursday night. Now he wanted it to go down as an Epic Battle and even spelt it out for me; e-p-i-c b-a-t-t-l-e! wow!!!! what a kind idiot!!!! Now Epic battle is not how I'd describe it. From my point of view it was more like a grind.....a really long grind with no profit at the end of it. Except from the 60% Man, Cheers bro!!!

Thats all from this week.

love your friendly
Caboose


*** Tip of the day; Start drinking coffee or red bull or summit as another young player fell victim to not paying attention and slowing up the game or making a ridiculous call and getting ridiculously lucky.

No comments:

Tattoos